Untouched Thoughts

Saturday, February 24, 2024

Streak

 With these consecutive blogposts happening in the span of 3 days (Though the last one did seem way too short and way too late), I'm sort of reminded of how excited I used to be to write for my story blog back in College. It was even more fun when I used to write with my friend, Ethel. Constantly waiting for new stories for either of us to share together. Man, those were the days.
Unfortunately, unless they were one offs, I don't think I really finished any of the series I wrote besides the one with the Controlled Humans with Distorted Smiles. Smile Demons be damned.
So I guess I am kinda proud of myself. If maybe just a little surprised.
Now if I can just apply this streak to the Spanish Duolingo I tried starting and the Google Workspace stuff I've been trying to do. Hah!
But, I've got more things to be proud of today, I suppose.
Other than this, I suppose, I actually cleaned my room, rearranged my furniture, and did my laundry. Also, I cleaned the sink and put away the clean dishes from the dishwasher so YAY FOR THAT!
I didn't do IT Shit today though and I'm still at a standstill.
But I won't berate myself for that right now. I just have to believe I can do this and bring myself to actually do it. I have to.
Or I'll be stuck being forced to make Ice Cream Cakes for the unforeseeable future. And that's a big yikes.
It is once again 2AM in the morning and I am having trouble willingly trying to fix my sleep schedule. If I didn't leave my Playstation 5 outside where my sister is doing her polymer earrings, I would have probably been even more late because I'd be playing P3 right now. I've always been known to take my time at Tartarus so I know it would have been bad.
I'd sneak out to grab it after she finishes with it, but it's late and honestly, it's a good test of my self control.
At least I can do that much on that front.
I can't even finish writing this thing because I keep getting distracted by my attempts to free up my discord servers.
I keep stopping over some of them just to check what's inside. It's stupid.
But I guess I've always been a nostalgic person.
Cleaning always ends up with me stopping at some point just to check up on things I find and reminiscing. 
But I digress. Today's achievements were small but I believe it's a good first step to discipline and getting somewhere.
If I let myself lie prey to all the negative thoughts I have in my head and the feelings of being trapped, I'd wither away completely.
Being self aware of that fact makes it even harder to bear.
Next, maybe I'll learn how to cook fried chicken!
I'll post about it if I ever do.
Till then, this marks a beginning I suppose.

-MaxAxil

The Adults Are Talking (The Strokes)

No comments:

Post a Comment