Untouched Thoughts

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Gaps

 I missed yesterday's update on purpose. Though I suppose I don't HAVE to update my blog every single day. But by doing so, it just means I can enforce a form of commitment.
Man, though. Do I have a thing to tell you.
I was feeling productive last Monday and decided, OKAY LETS GET A HAIRCUT.
Melbourne Weather is craaaaazy. But since it's summer, most of the time it's been kinda hot and my hair was long.
So I ate at the right time, cleaned up and went straight for it.
I waited a bit until it got to my turn.
I was like "Eh, I usually get a buzzcut but I'm feeling adventurous. Can you give me a short but stylish hair? I trust you."
Words spoken before disaster.
I'd rather not post a picture of what the travesty that was my hair was but the basic jist of my thought process was:
"Oh god. Please tell me you're not done. Oh god, oh god, please don't tell me I'm paying 30 dollars for this. I LOOK LIKE EDNA MODE."
I tried to get him to cut my hair shorter but he refused and said it would make my hair look weird. BRO, IT ALREADY LOOKS SUPER FUCKING COOKY.
HE SEEMED SO PROUD OF IT TOO!
BRO, HE MADE ME FOLLOW HIM ON IG AND SAID HE'D GIVE ME FASHION ADVICE.
I UNNO ABOUT ANY FASHION OR SOMETHING BUT WHATEVER THAT CUT WAS, IT WAS NOT IT.
It was so ghetto. The back of my head looked poofy. It was the kind of bad that you can't fix with hair wax.
I spent today wearing a hat at work.
I just kept myself super busy so I can NOT think about it.
And when I got off work, first time I did was go to a salon.
The nice Chinese lady who did my hair was just as perplexed as I was.
She was like "Who did your hair? What happened? Such an ugly haircut! Come. I'll cut your hair."
Let me compare how this session went and how the Monday cut went.
The Monday cut took over an hour to do and he basically shaved a half fade and cut off my bangs.
The nice lady who fixed my hair took 30 minutes, 15 of that was just quickly shaving off the unsightly parts that the guy from last Monday did.
And when I say fix, I meant SAVED.
Sure, I spent another 30 dollars on it but this was well worth the price.
I am never having my hair cut by anyone other than her I swear to god.
It went from ugly to damn good if I do say so myself.
Other than that, time has been unproductive.
I don't really want to get into another spiel about work. I bitch about it to my coworkers enough to scream to the heavens.
For now, this will have to do.
Some day, I'm gonna have to come up with a way to properly end blog posts. Like a signature or something.
I bid you adieu I guess.

-MaxAxil

You Can Never Go Home (Koethe)


No comments:

Post a Comment